Alfaholics Race Selector Rod Kit
£995.00 GBP (ex vat)
SROD34E | SROD34L
We are increasingly finding bent selector rods more and more when we are rebuilding gearboxes.
Resulting in sticky gear change but also causes the selector fork / synchro sleeve not running straight to the gear assembly which can cause premature wear, damage and more gearshift quality.
They have proven very tricky to try to straighten and since the huge success of our manufacturing of billet 3rd / 4th gear selector rods we have now evolved this into a full set of 3 rods manufactured from motorsport grade materials and machined to motorsport quality tolerance.
We have also improved the design of these to be tougher and stronger, 3rd / 4th rod is an inherently weak part in the gearbox, the narrow width required as part of the gearbox design means that the clevis where the gear linkage drops into can easily get bent from ‘over-selecting’ gears.
This risks a shift not fully selecting a gear and resultant massive gearbox damage.
We have re-designed the part with greater radiuses and increased material thickness at the weak points to make the part more resilient to this ‘over-selection’ based driver damage.
- cat_race_parts_105: 105/115
- cat_std_parts_105_all: All 105/115 Series
- filter_book_mechanical_gearbox_internal: Gearbox Internal
- cat_race_parts_gta_r: GTA-R
- filter_book_mechanical_main: Mechanical
- cat_race_parts: Race Parts
- cat_standard_parts: Standard Parts
- cat_transmission: Transmission
- filter_transmission_gearbox: Transmission Gearbox
- filter_transmission_gears_selectors: Transmission Gears & selectors