Jump to Project Stage
Our first Alfaholics Spider-R based on a 1750 Longtail Spider is completed, finished in factory Avorio with burgundy leather & with the following specification:-
- Alfaholics GTA-R Suspension Package
- Alfaholics GTA-R Brake Package (4-pot version)
- Alfaholics 155BHP 1750 Engine built from original matching numbers engine with its original 40mm Webers
- Alfaholics lightweight steel flywheel, Alfaholics propshaft, Alfaholics LSD
- Alfaholics s/s sports exhaust
- Alfaholics 7×15″ GTA Wheels with custom paint finish
- Wilton Wool carpets with correct Spider heel mat logos
- Full burgundy leather interior with custom sports seats, bespoke made leather door cards and rear seat drape, all Alfa plastic trim cappings and dashboard wrapped in charcoal leather
- Boot fully boarded out and trimmed in Wilton wool carpet
- Alfaholics billet aluminium pedal set
Build – Stage 3
Our Alfaholics Dynamat kit has been installed prior to making the Wilton wool carpets. The butyl backed aluminium foil is applied first to act as a dampener to remove any NVH drumming from the bodyshell, prior to the foam Dynaliner being installed which acts as a very high quality heat insulator as well as acting as a carpet underlay.
Build – Stage 2
Car mechanically completed, ready for trim work to start.
Build – Stage 1
Body built up with the following:-
- New wiring loom with additional blade fuse box, relayed main circuits and hidden isolator switch
- New hydraulic lines throughout, custom made in car
- All suspension members high quality powder coated and fitted up with our complete Alfaholics GTA-R suspension package
- Alfaholics GTA-R brake package including pedal box and billet aluminium pedals
- New lights installed with Xenon package
- Steering box rebuilt using our billet casing for additional safety
- Axle blasted & powder coated then fully rebuilt with our competition quality LSD and premium quality bearings
Shell Painted & Ready to Assemble
With the shell preparation stages now completed, we can crack on and assemble the car. The shell has been finished in its original Avorio colour, to our usual concours quality wet flat finish standard. The underside has been fully seam sealed prior to having a durable rubberised modern spray sealer applied, this is then covered with top coat paint to give the complete shell a wipe clean surface finish.
Metalwork completed on our factory Celette jig to fit the following replacement panels:-
- 4 new floor pans
- Inner, middle & outer sill sections
- Additional hidden stiffening tubes
- New wing bottoms and jacking points
- Radiator cross member and chassis anti-roll bar brackets
- Spare wheel well
- Front valance
With that completed, the shell is fitted to our rotisserie spit and epoxy primed prior to the full painting and sealing process.
Shell stripped bare ready for media blasting. Although the general shell is not too bad, unfortunately the humidity in Florida has corroded areas of the chassis quite badly.
Donor car supplied by customer was a German supplied car which ended up spending most of its life in Florida.