1973 Montreal Restoration & Upgrades
Our customer brought us his recently purchased Montreal for a full restoration and a range of mechanical upgrades. The car arrived in a scruffy condition and the engine ran poorly due to the notoriously problematic Spica injection. The steering was vague, suggesting a cracked steering box, the brakes were typically weak, the suspension was soggy and the faulty OE air conditioning pump was in a box in the boot!
Having seen the standard of engineering applied to our GTA-Rs being built, the new owner revised the build brief. He wanted us not only to restore the car and fit our off-the-shelf upgrades, but take the build even further to transform his Montreal into a show quality, top specification car.
The result is stunning! The car is now a joy to drive - quick with super-responsive handling and brakes and a wonderful V8 howl at full throttle. The power steering makes low speed manoevering easy while retaining good feel at speed.
The specification is as follows:
- Full body restoration and repainted in the original Alfa Romeo orange with a lacquer finish
- +50BHP engine rebuild including 2800cc conversion with forged high compression pistons, ported heads and upgraded cams
- Electronic fuel injection and 3D mapped ignition; injectors hidden under original airbox and ECU firing standard coils with fixed distributor to retain original looks under the bonnet
- Conversion to hydraulic power steering
- Conversion to modern air conditioning system
- Alfaholics 4-pot brake kit and aluminium rear calipers
- Alfaholics Montreal handling kit
- Alfaholics Montreal stainless steel sports exhaust
- Xenon headlights
- Modern Hi-Fi with iPod connectivity
- Full leather seat re-trim
- Alcantara dashboard and console conversion
- Original magnesium wheels restored
- All new lights and badges sourced and fitted, centre heart re-chromed