S4 Spider Restoration
Jump to Project Stage
Assembly Finished – Ready to Road Test
Build – Stage 2
Engine & gearbox fully rebuilt and reinstalled, wiring loom renewed and reinstalled, engine bay plumbing mainly completed. Bespoke carpets made for full interior and boot, new mohair hood fitted.
Build – Stage 1
Suspension built up as follows:
- Suspension members blasted and high quality powder-coated
- New bushes fitted throughout, polyurethane upgrades where applicable
- New high tensile bolts and nyloc nuts used throughout
- Alfaholics S4 Fast Road Handling Kit & Koni Sport shock absorbers
- Axle casing blasted, tubes powder coated, axle built up with new bearings & seals and shimmed to factory specification; new copper brake lines made for axle
- Premium quality rear wheel bearings, new handbrake assemblies built up, new rear discs and calipers
- Alfaholics 4-pot brake kit installed with new wheel bearings
Painted Shell Returns for Assembly
Car painted in factory Rosso Metallizzato, a lovely rare colour for S4 Spiders!
Chassis Repair & Bodywork
Outer section of left chassis leg removed in the area where it was cracked ready for new section to be fitted
New wing bottoms and outer sills fitted
Paint prep completed and first primer applied
Donor Car Stripped Down
Donor car was a relatively high mileage S4. The owner has enjoyed the car so much over the years, but now that it was getting tired, he wanted it to be made as good as new and with a few subtle upgrades to be fitted during the rebuild. Shell, like many S4s, looked reasonably OK from the top, but on the underside the condition was not so pretty!
Top arm inner mounting badly repaired in the past. This is a common area for damage; when the inner bolt seizes in the bush, workshops often damage the mounting bosses removing the bolt to change this bush. This will be cut out are remade.