Giulia Sprint GTV
Jump to Project Stage
Sprint GTV total restoration finished in Bianco Spino with factory option red leather. Fast road specifications including:-
- Alfaholics 165BHP 2.0 Nord Engine with 40mm Webers
- Alfaholics lightweight steel flywheel, Alfaholics propshaft, Alfaholics LSD
- Alfaholics s/s sports exhaust
- Alfaholics 4-pot brake kit
- Alfaholics fast road handling kit with Koni Sport shocks
- Alfaholics 6×14″ GTA Strada wheels
- Wilton Wool carpets with correct Sprint GTV heel mats sewn in
- Original Sprint GTV seats bespoke trimmed in correct factory option red leather with correct factory perforation detail
- Inner door panels & 3/4 panels bespoke trimmed in correct factory option leather with correct factory stitch detail
Build – Stage 2
With the mechanical assembly completed, attention is turned to the brightwork and trimming. All stainless finishers are polished prior to installation and the interior has heat and sound deadening pads installed prior to carpet manufacture.
Build – Stage 1
Chosen mechanical specification:-
- Alfaholics 165BHP 2.0 Nord engine
- Lightweight flywheel & sport clutch
- Alfaholics 4-pot brake kit
- Alfaholics aluminium rear calipers & sport discs
- Alfaholics LHD dual circuit pedal box
- Alfaholics Fast Road Kit B
- S4 ball joint anti-roll bar drop link upgrade
- Koni Sports shock absorbers
- Alfaholics aluminium t-bar
- Reconditioned gearbox with premium quality Alfaholics synchro system
- Hydraulic clutch conversion
- Rear axle rebuilt & upgraded with Alfaholics fast road LSD unit
- Alfaholics aluminium step-front radiator and fast road oil cooler
Sub-assemblies being picked and assembled prior to installation on bodyshell.
Shell Painted & Ready for Assembly
Car painted its original Bianco Spino 013, underside is finished in a high quality protective underseal and then top coat painted for a wipe clean finish.
Shell Media Blasted
With the shell media blasted we are able to have a good look at it and confirm what metal work is required. As expected, the car has lived a very gentle life and thus not much metal replacement is required.
Shell stripped bare ready for sensitive media blasting. As expected, the car is in remarkably rust free condition and having never been restored before, was a joy to take apart, no rounded off bolts or incorrect fittings. As seen in the photos below, panel gaps are all OE quality and even the standard corrosion areas such as the radiator cross member and sills appear virtually rust free with all original spot welds present. Cars like this are a perfect example highlighting the benefits of the experience and knowledge that we have at Alfaholics for sourcing good quality donor cars.
The donor car was sourced several years ago by Alfaholics from Europe and stored as part of our extensive donor car collection for Alfaholics build projects. The car, as with most of our donor cars, is in wonderful original condition, showing very few signs of having had much previous work done to it in its life. Having been off the road for an estimated 20 years, the car is of course in need of full restoration.
With its odometer reading just over 5,000kms, looking at the condition of the car, it is very likely to have only been round the clock thus totaling 105,000kms from new; just over 60,000 miles. First inspection shows the car to seem very un-rusty, even with all original factory spot welds present on the sills and rear wheel arches and very little corrosion in these typically bad areas.