Upon disassembling the car, we could see that the shell is in remarkeable condition with no visible corrosion and no evidence of any chassis damage. We found some non-original fittings and screws in the shell, along with evidence of paint over-spray, confirming that the car had been repainted and partially restored in the past. We also found that it had been undersealed at some point in its later life and in fact applied straight over the top of original Autodelta parts such as the sliding block brackets. In areas where this underseal had been applied over dirt and grease, it was starting to peel off and it was possible to see where the missing underseal had been aerosol painted over! Inside the car, we found that the floors had also had a textured paint applied at some point. To revert the shell back to factory specification, it would need to be stripped bare and painted correctly in its factory AR 501 throughout, before painting the exterior in the Team Slotemaker white & orange colours. We know from period photographs that the car was painted white under the arches, so the current red paint there could not be original. Where we did find the original red paint was under the front bump stops – parts which had never been removed during previous restoration works.